Re: AMBER: Minimisation and heating under GB conditions

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 08:27:55 +0100

I had forgot weight restraint (nmropt=1), which would have allowed the
temperature to raise to the final value abruptly.

As to positional restraints, in this case of a peptide docked onto a
large protein under GB conditions, I can't imagine where to restrain.
Perhaps some couple of atoms on the protein and peptide. Although I
can rely on previous observations that a drastic equilibration did not
distort the system, I have to study the manual better.

Thanks a lot for having guided me through the GB procedures.

francesco

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Carlos Simmerling
<carlos.simmerling.gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean- restraints on temp? I meant positional
> restraints turned off slowly (in stages)
>

> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com> wrote:
>> I finally imagined that you meant restraints on TEMP. This is the
>> heatin that I'll use as soon as minimization is complete:
>>
>> heating gradually under GB conditions
>> &cntrl
>> imin=0, irest=0, ntx=1, ntb=0,
>> igb=5, ntc=2, ntf=2,
>> ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,
>> nstlim=25000, dt=0.001,
>> ntpr=500, ntwx=500,
>> tempi=100.0, temp0=300.0,
>> cut=999,
>> nmropt=1
>> /
>> &wt TYPE='TEMP0', istep1=0, istep2=25000,
>> value1=100.1, value2=300.0,
>> /
>> &wt TYPE='END'
>> /
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I forgot to ask about restraints. I have a transmembrane protein and a
>>> peptide docked on it on the extracellular portion. I rnounced to set
>>> the lipidic membrane for obvious reasons of computational cost. Is it
>>> possible, from this vague description, imagine where to put restraints
>>> during minimization (although the GB environment seems to have kept
>>> the residues in order, as I start from scratch more care may not be
>>> useless)
>>> Thanks