Re: AMBER: The forming of micelle

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:20:50 -0400

I might be talking outside my expertise here.
But..
Have you EVER seen or read about an atomisticsimulation forming a
micelle spontaneously ?
DO not think so....
Before someone flames me, of course there are simulations out there that
do this, but they are done with coarse grained models, which allow for
two things:
1. reduce substantially the number of atoms
2. increase substantially the time steps you can do.

Going back to the question, I would not be surprised if forming a
micelle with all atoms requires simulation time of a millisecond or so,
clearly beyond current capabilities.

Adrian

--
                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg