AMBER: Position: Postdoctoral Fellow

From: Willy Valdivia-Granda <willy.valdivia.orionbiosciences.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:50:48 -0700

Job Title: Postdoctoral Associate Structural Biology
Job Number: 2032-WXWH

Our research:
Orion Integrated Biosciences is developing a new generation of
therapeutic products against diseases caused by emerging and re-emerging
viruses. Our discovery program uses genomic bar-coding and motif
fingerprinting technologies to narrow pathogen-specific therapeutic
regions suitable for small molecule binding. We wish to develop an
environment for the study of the complex interactions of proteins with
inhibitors of viral protein function and the structural conformational
changes that result from these interactions.

Responsibilities:
We are seeking a post-doctoral research associate that will work with a
group of bioinformaticians and virologists engaged on understanding the
role of various protein factors within specific motif fingerprint
coordinates and understanding intrinsic protein structural
conformations.

The successful candidate must have experience in all aspects
of high-resolution computational structural analysis and modeling. This
research will closely interact and participate in the software
development effort to improve and advance the functionality of our drug
discovery efforts. The candidate must have extensive experience with
protein homology modeling, docking software and molecular modeling and
visualization packages (NAMD, AMBER, CHARMM, VMD, Chimera, and PyMol).
Knowledge of the Linux operating system and scripting languages
including PERL, Tcl, etc.) and object oriented database management
systems are also required.

The candidate must be enthusiastic and creative with experience in
molecular biology and biochemistry and must be familiar the biological
processes of protein and RNA folding as well as protein-ligand
interaction and preferentially with an interest in infectious diseases.
The post-doctoral associate is expected to work independently and
interact with a multidisciplinary research group of collaborators and
must possess good oral and written communication skills.

Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and are highly
competitive with industry standards. To apply, please send a CV
(including names and addresses of references) and covering letter
describing current research, by e-mail, quoting ref. 2026-WXWH in the
subject line, to: willy.valdivia at orionbiosciences.com