Re: AMBER: 3fe-4s cluster parameter file generation

From: <moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:50:19 +0530 (IST)

Thank you very much for your reply. I did a single point gaussian calculation
and obtained the ESP charges. I prepared the .prepc file for the cluster and ran
parmchk to generate the frcmod files. Everything is fine till loading of the pdb
but then it asks for the parameters i had mentioned before.
The results of desc in leap is:

UNIT name: F3S
Head atom: .R<F3S 1>.A<S1 1>
Tail atom: .R<F3S 1>.A<FE3 7>
Contents:
R<F3S 1>
What should i do to modify the unit? Looking eagerly forward for a reply.

Sincere Regards,
Moitrayee

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008, moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in wrote:
>>
>> Could not find bond parameter for: FE - FE
>
>> But the parameters that are being asked are not involved in the structure's
>> connectivity at all. There is no Fe-Fe bond at all in the above-mentioned
>> cluster.
>
> How did you create the unit for the iron-sulfur cluster? You can use
> the "desc" command in leap to look at the bonds that are defined. If
> you don't want an Fe-Fe bond, you will have to change the way that unit
> is built in the first place.
>
> ...dac

> to majordomo.scripps.edu

> believed to be clean.