Re: AMBER: Preparing peptides with D-amino acids

From: David Watson <dewatson.olemiss.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 20:04:44 -0500

On Sep 9, 2008, at 7:28 PM, Carlos Simmerling wrote:

> oh I should clarify that in 99sb the torsions do not penalize per se -
> for a single amino acids you'll get the mirror image energy surface
> as compared to L.

For the record, I am not reading coordinates from an external pdb, I
am building units from scratch in xleap.
Should I assume that this is also true of peptides built in xleap,
with chiral inversion either prior- or subsequent-to addition of
residues?

I simply select the alpha carbon and "Edit->Flip chirality" so I
wouldn't imagine that xleap would also flip the topicity of the side
chains, but I guess that the black-box warning can't be ignored, in
any case.

I intend to do requisite minimization after saving the parameter
topology and input coordinate files.