Re: AMBER: Need help... High energies for complex...

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 09:56:00 -0400

minimizing the 3 files separately will not allow you to see if the
energies are additive. as I've said a few times in this thread, you
MUST have identical coordinates.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Waqas Nasir <nasirwaqas1983.yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hope you are fine.
>
> Well, yes I separated the 2 subunits first and then minimized all three
> files separately with same input file. I will, hopefully try and get the new
> parameter files for proteins.
>
> "you have to watch out not just for the order of prmtop generation, but
> where you load the frcmod files. I'm not sure if there is any overlap
> between ff99 and glycam, but it's something to keep in mind."
>
> I could not get the complete picture here, do you mean that the order is
> always important and moreover do you have any recommendations about loading
> frcmod files in these protein sugar cases.
>
> Thanks,
> Waqas.

>>> 0.0
>>> Etot = -11596.4113 EKtot = 8487.1166 EPtot =
>>> -20083.5279
>>> BOND = 205.6103 ANGLE = 1549.3622 DIHED =
>>> 1658.6999
>>> 1-4 NB = 2829.8000 1-4 EEL = 25430.2414 VDWAALS =
>>> -3397.0994
>>> EELEC = -41648.8133 EGB = -6824.3588 RESTRAINT =
>>> 0.0000
>>> ESURF= 113.0299
>>>
>>> For sugars;
>>>
>>> NSTEP = 0 TIME(PS) = 0.000 TEMP(K) = 335.14 PRESS =
>>> 0.0
>>> Etot = 242.2702 EKtot = 79.9191 EPtot =
>>> 162.3511
>>> BOND = 15.1725 ANGLE = 47.3410 DIHED =
>>> -27.5845
>>> 1-4 NB = 26.3282 1-4 EEL = 592.4065 VDWAALS =
>>> -16.3978
>>> EELEC = -374.1894 EGB = -104.0077 RESTRAINT =
>>> 0.0000
>>> ESURF= 3.2822
>>>
>>> For proteins;
>>>
>>> NSTEP = 0 TIME(PS) = 0.000 TEMP(K) = 360.54 PRESS =
>>> 0.0
>>> Etot = -8302.0894 EKtot = 8398.2944 EPtot =
>>> -16700.3838
>>> BOND = 190.4378 ANGLE = 1485.0230 DIHED =
>>> 5266.2811
>>> 1-4 NB = 2803.4718 1-4 EEL = 24837.8348 VDWAALS =
>>> -3357.5193
>>> EELEC = -41233.4669 EGB = -6804.6020 RESTRAINT =
>>> 0.0000
>>> ESURF= 112.1559
>>>
>>> The energies are still ridiculous... but the bond energy is accurately
>>> additive where as the angles are almost. But the dihedrals are completely
>>> out. This time I have done every thing with hand so I know that the
>>> prmtop
>>> and inpcrd files are fine. What option can you think of now... to
>>> debug...
>>> should I go back to the way I created the sugars and everything... I just
>>> want to confirm a couple of things;
>>>
>>> 1. Is the protocol legitimate and proper (The way that I am calculating
>>> single point energy for each frame)?
>>> 2. Do you still think that there might be some problem in prmtop and
>>> inpcrd
>>> files (looking at the results)?