AMBER: Another problem when trying to compile Sander in debug mode

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:49:52 -0400

I've also been trying to compile a Debug version of Sander, using the
command 'make -e AMBERBUILDFLAGS="-DDEBUG -g"', per the config_amber.h file.

In versions 9.1.037, 9.1.039 and 10.1.015 (the only versions of the
Intel Fortran compiler I currently have access to), I get the following
response for my efforts:

ifort -c -w95 -vec_report0 -mp1 -O0 -FR -DDEBUG -g -o ncsu-cftree.o
_ncsu-cftree.f
fortcom: Severe: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation
signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in
which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line
given may not be explicit cause of this error.

As you can see, it's already running at optimisation level 0, so I can't
reduce optimisation to try making the problem go away.

Why I've been trying to compile a debug version anyway: I've been trying
to compile sander.PUPIL, which I'm not sure is part of the official
Amber release, but it exits with a segmentation fault at the end of
execution. I tried to build a debug version of the code to figure out
why, and as you can see it wasn't quite successful.

Is this (failure to build debug versions) a known problem, and is a
workaround presently available?

Thanks again,

Ben
--