AMBER: a question about matrix command?

From: TaoPaul <paultao2008.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 01:01:04 +0000

Dear all

When I learnt "matrix" command in ptraj to calculate distance matrix using "byres" I noted the

diagonal element was not zero(The similar situation was found using "bymask" . Then I read the

manual and it said "byres calculates the average for each residue". It is ambiguous and I want to

know the exact formula or expression and the physical meaning of this "average"(It seems don't like

the distance btween residual geometry centres). Could somebody help me? Thanks a lot!

Jin Tao