AMBER: ptraj and netcdf with AmberTools1.2 ?

From: Lars Skjærven <lars.skjarven.biomed.uib.no>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 11:11:23 +0200

Hi there,

When updating from AmberTools 1.0 to 1.2 I discovered I could no
longer read my binary trajectory files. Double checking this shows
that compiling AT-1.0 ptraj works fine with respect to this, but
AT-1.2 results in "could not open file".

I use "./configure_at gcc" in both cases. I've tried this on two
separate machines, with the same result on both. It seems to me that
NetCDF compiles in both cases, and "make check" in
$AMBERHOME/src/netcdf/src works fine as well in both cases (for AT-1.0
and AT-1.2). Writing a binary trajectory file works on the other hand
just fine (with AT1.2).

Any clues ? Is it just me (or my settings), or is this a common problem?

Thanks,

Lars Skjaerven
University of Bergen, Norway