Re: AMBER: Sander instead of PMEMD

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:28:24 -0400

Err, why can't you use lam, or mpich 1 or 2? I believe they are all still
available (I just checked the mpich 1 webpage and it is clearly still
available; I still use it on all my own machines, and nothing works
significantly better over ethernet). The original reason I did not support
OpenMPI in amber 9 was the doc was nonexistent. In 10, I flat ran out of
time for adding nice things like support for every compiler and
communications option anyone might find. So sorry if this is a huge
inconvenience, but there are other reasonable options... Typically, you
will have to recompile the mpi implementation to match your fortran compiler
anyway, so it is not a case where the machine shipped with one mpi, and that
is the only one that is going to be convenient to use (I run 3 different
implementations on the 3 machines I use mostly for dev/test - all set up to
be selected by changing a link).
Regards - Bob