Re: AMBER: Sander instead of PMEMD

From: Florian Haberl <Florian.Haberl.chemie.uni-erlangen.de>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 17:06:42 +0200

Hi,

On Friday, 30. May 2008 16:32, Cristina Sisu wrote:
> Thanks Bob,
>
> Then I think I will give it a try with sander. Fingers crossed!
> But are you sure that pmemd does not support mm_pbsa? Because according
> to the mmpbsa tutorial, it should work
> http://amber.scripps.edu/tutorials/advanced/tutorial3/section2.htm.

the mm pbsa analysis is a post analysis, so you have to seperate the snapshots
and than recalculate it with sander. If the simulation is done with sander or
pmemd doesn`t matter, the only difference is than pmemd is faster ;)

A small hint before starting mm pbsa analysis: It is faster to transfer the
trajectory to your wanted snapshot frequency (normally every 25 or 50ps),
before starting mm pbsa analysis.

greetings,

Florian

> Cristina
>
> Robert Duke wrote:
> > The primary advantage pmemd offers is purely speed; there are a few
> > minor convenience tweaks here and there, but it is mostly supposed to
> > do a subset of sander functionality, not the other way around. So
> > there should never be a problem moving back to sander from pmemd, as a
> > general rule. Also note that pmemd does not support energy
> > decomposition through the idecomp switch, and therefore does not
> > support mm_pbsa anyway.
> > Regards - Bob Duke
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cristina Sisu" <csds2.cam.ac.uk>

 Florian Haberl
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum
 Universitaet Erlangen/ Nuernberg
 Naegelsbachstr 25
 D-91052 Erlangen
 Telephone:  	+49(0) − 9131 − 85 26573
 Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de