Re: AMBER: how to overcome theunusual bonds formation

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:07:14 -0400

By bond formation you mean when visualized ? Please let us know what do
you mean by a bond forming during minimization.

If so, are you loading your prmtop file into whatever program you use
for visualization or are you using a pdb file ?

Most visualizers (e.g. VMD), when given a pdb file, will decide on the
bonding pattern on their own, based on pure distances.

As Florian mentioned, classical MD in amber only has the bonds YOU
created initially, not more, not less. So, they can never just 'appear'.

Adrian

--
                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                              Associate Professor