Re: AMBER: AMBER file preparation for protein-carbohydrate complex

From: <n.gandhiau.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 15:17:55 +0800

Thank you very much for posting your reply. You are right but the
issue is the pdb is a heparin fragment which has sulfated IdoA and
GlcNS6S.

Building AMBER input files with carbohydrates is easy and it can done
through glycam website. But I am working with gags. I assigned glycam
atom type and residue to it and sulfate parameters from Altona's paper
but glycam residue type doesnot have sulfates included in it. Hence,
AMBER cannot identify the atom type or residue name for my molecule
which has sulfates.

For example you can extract heparin from 2HYU file and try to prepare
input files for AMBER.
How do I prepare pdb file for this sulfated molecules? I have
obviously calculated RESP charges.

Regards,
Neha

--