Re: AMBER: Amber10:Compiling with gcc 2.4.1

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 18:58:05 -0400

> I have compiled Amber10 on Linux OpenSuSE 10.3 system with gcc 2.4.1, and
> failed to finish the compilation of amber-tools.

You don't give us many details, so it is a bit hard to find out what's
going on but, for starters, 2.4.1 is a pretty old version of gcc. I
don't know which problems you are having, but some tools need gcc >=
3.4 to be compiled.

> I changed g77 to gfortran in configure_at, After typed
> 'make -f Makefile_at', the report of compiling of amber-tools
>
> wrttxt.f:(.text+0x3c1): undefined reference to `e_wsfe'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [mopac] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yongle/amber10/src/mopac6/src'

This is just a wild guess, but did you issue 'make -f Makefile_at
clean' before trying the 'make' command with a different compiler?

Gustavo