Re: AMBER: divcon

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 13:43:35 -0400

Hi Eduardo,

> I was wondering if anybody can point out a tutorial where
> the use of the divcon facility is used.

I don't know of any tutorial for divcon, but you can look into the
test cases ($AMBERHOME/tests/qmmm2/). There are some tests for divcon
there that you can use as a template to start your calculation.

> I am reading divcon can use MNDO/d Hamiltonian, I thought MNDO/d was not
> part of Amber9?

Do you mean sander? If so, you are right: MNDO/d is not available in
sander. It is available in DIVCON, which is a separate program to
which sander can interface. In this case you will *not* be using the
native QM implementation available in sander, but instead you will be
using a different program that can be called from within sander. Also,
take some time to study the manual sessions about divcon to make sure
you understand the advantages / disadvantages of this interface, since
it has different capabilities than the native sander implementation.

> Any input on this little mistery would be appreciated.

I hope that helps,
Gustavo.