RE: AMBER: AMBER Parallel test error

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 08:25:46 -0700

Hi Jitrayut,

Problems loading shared libraries normally occur when the environment a job
is run in is different from the environment it was compiled in. For example
on clusters people often compile on a login node but when they submit via a
queuing system it goes to a compute node that is set up differently or does
not inherit the environment variables correctly.

liborte.so.0 is part of openmpi and so you probably don’t have the paths set
correctly by default. I should probably try openmpi myself one of these days
so I understand all of it quirks but I’ve never really had the inclination
since everything else always seems to work fine.

Anyway, try the following.

First find where liborte.so.0 is:

'locate liborte.so.0' may work depending on your OS.

You could also try:

'find ./ -name liborte.so.0'

Or alternatively just manually look for it. I suspect this is in
/usr/local/openmpi/lib or something similar based on where you installed
openmpi.

You then need to add this to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I suggest you do this
globally by editing /etc/bashrc (if your shell is bash):

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/openmpi/libdirectory:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then logout, log back in and type 'echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH' to check it
sticks.

Then try running the mpi job again.

Good luck,
Ross