AMBER: Re: amber 9 compilation problem on IBM SP5

From: Andrew Emerson <a.emerson.cineca.it>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 09:57:53 +0200 (MEST)

> Version: 10.01.0000.0005

>> Is this a "new" version of xlf90? The code in question has been the same
>> for some time, and has been tested on AIX/xlf90 without seeing this error.

This is a fairly recent version of xlf90, but I dont know if it is the
latest or not.

> I would recommend just commenting out this line: since these are
> intrinsic functions, it should not be necessary to have this line.
> Or, you could
just
> remove the "_REAL_" part of the line in evb_vars.f.

In the end I took your advice and commented out the line and all the
other places which give a similar error and it compiles, although if
anyone has any ideas on how to avoid this I would like to hear about
it! Why the compiler should treat this as an error and not a warning is
another mystery..

thanks for your help
Andy Emerson