Re: AMBER: Cysteine sulphonic acid parameters

From: Rima Chaudhuri <rima.chaudhuri.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 10:43:48 -0500

Thanks David and Francois.
I checked the database earlier and looked into F-65, but had no cues for why
amber was not recognizing the 'sx' atom type mentioned there for the
hypervalent Sulphur in the Sulfonate? I checked the leaprc.gaff in Amber and
there was a sx and sy atomtype for s4 and s6 respectively!
Either ways, Yes, updating the R.E.DD.B projects to include the frcmod files
would certainly be helpful. In the meanwhile I will work on David's
suggestion of creating a new atom type for the sulphur as SX or SO..

thanks,
-Rima