AMBER: distance matrix command

From: priya priya <priyaanand_27.yahoo.co.in>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:01:24 +0100 (BST)

    [input] [input] [input] [input] Dear All

I am trying to compute distance matrix, by selecting byatom options.
command used is
 matrix dist .CA out distmat.dat
as far as i understand it is making a matrix for the CA atoms in all the residues.

But i want to compute the distance matrix for side chain carbon, i.e .CB, if i use the command
matrix dist .CB out distmat.dat
there is no change, matrix remain the same.

Please suggest me if i am doing some mistake.

Regards
Priya