Re: RE: AMBER: memory usage

From: Ye Mei <ymei.itcc.nju.edu.cn>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:52:42 +0800

Dear Ross,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I attach some files that might be helpful for solving this problem.
As you guessed, I am using Amber9. In the attached files, please find config.h for the compilation. Whatever I compile amber9 statically or dynamically, the results are the same.
Other info related to the compilation are:
Intel Fortran Compiler 10.1.008
Intel Math kernel library 10.0.1.014
SGI native mpi

What I am running is a tiny job, i.e. a ethanol in TIP3P water box. Related files are also attached.
The performance is OK.
The administrator told me that this SGI Altix 4700 uses memory as swap to accelerate swapping, instead of hard disk. I have no idea whether this has anything to do with this large virtual memory requirement. When running sander, little memory left for other jobs. Some CPUs cannot get enough memory to run jobs. So the administrator ordered me to check my amber9.

Best regards,

Ye Mei
ymei.itcc.nju.edu.cn
Institute of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
Key Laboratory of Mesoscopic Chemistry of MOE
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University
Nanjing 210093
P.R.China
2008-04-27