Re: AMBER: AMD Opteron: compiler recommendations?

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:56:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi:
can't remember if I set something special, probably not. At any event, the config.h follows
francesco

# Main AMBER source root directory
AMBER_SRC=/usr/local/amber9/src

# AMBERBUILDFLAGS provides a hook into the build process for installers;
# for example, to build debug versions of the amber programs
# make -e AMBERBUILDFLAGS="-DDEBUG -g"
AMBERBUILDFLAGS=

# LOCALFLAGS is intended for program specific modifications to the
# Fortran build process and may be modified by the program's local makefile
LOCALFLAGS=

# Availability and method of delivery of math and optional libraries
USE_BLASLIB=$(SOURCE_COMPILED)
USE_LAPACKLIB=$(SOURCE_COMPILED)
USE_LMODLIB=$(LMOD_UNAVAILABLE)

# C compiler
CC= gcc
CPLUSPLUS=g++
CFLAGS= -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -m64 -O2
CPPFLAGS= $(AMBERBUILDFLAGS)

# Fortran preprocessing and compiler.
# FPPFLAGS holds the main Fortran options, such as whether MPI is used.
FPPFLAGS= -I/usr/local/include -P -DMPI $(AMBERBUILDFLAGS)
FPP= cpp -traditional $(FPPFLAGS)
FC= ifort
FFLAGS= -w95 -mp1 -O0 $(LOCALFLAGS) $(AMBERBUILDFLAGS)
FOPTFLAGS= -w95 -mp1 -ip -O3 -tpp7 -axWP $(LOCALFLAGS) $(AMBERBUILDFLAGS)
FREEFORMAT_FLAG= -FR

# Loader:
LOAD= ifort $(LOCALFLAGS) $(AMBERBUILDFLAGS)
LOADCC= gcc $(LOCALFLAGS) $(AMBERBUILDFLAGS)
LOADLIB= -L/usr/local/lib -lmpi_f90 -lmpi_f77 -lmpi -lopen-rte -lopen-pal -ldl -Wl,--export-dynamic -lnsl -lutil
LM= -lm
LOADPTRAJ= ifort -nofor_main $(LOCALFLAGS) $(AMBERBUILDFLAGS)
XHOME= /usr/X11R6
XLIBS= -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -L/usr/X11R6/lib

# Other stuff:
.SUFFIXES: .f90
EMPTY=
AR=ar rv $(EMPTY)
M4=m4
RANLIB=ranlib
SFX=
NETCDF=
NETCDFLIB=
MODULEDIR=-I
MAKEDEPEND=$(AMBER_SRC)/../bin/amber_makedepend
SLKO=skipDFTB

# default rules for Fortran and C compilation:

.f.o: $<
        $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) -o $. _$<

.c.o:
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) -o $. $<