RE: AMBER: Amber9 with MPICH2 failure at runtime

From: Sasha Buzko <obuzko.ucla.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:06:14 -0700

Thanks, Ross.
We have a pretty decent switch (Cisco), but other than that, the setup
is far from optimal. Not sure what we can do in the near term (probably,
close to nothing).

Speaking of pmemd, I did compile it and tried to run it on the same
example from the tutorial. For some reason, I only get one pmemd process
on one node and it just hangs there using up 100% of the cpu/core but
not writing any output. Is there anything that could be missed during
the compilation?
I'm not so sure about the command line arguments either, since there is
virtually no documentation regarding running pmemd. I used the same
command line as for sander.MPI. It ran for half an hour (the whole thing
took 3 minutes on sander.MPI) and still produced nothing except the
beginning header of the out file with the input data. And that is
happening on one node only using mpich2 (mpd is started only on that
node).
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Sasha