RE: AMBER: protein-ligand complex problem

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:50:19 -0700

Dear Lynn,

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question here.

Firstly if you ran antechamber with the ligand called one thing but then changed the name of it in the pdb file before loading that into leap then the prep or mol2 file created by antechamber will not match and so leap will not recognize the ligand.

In the second case did you re-run antechamber on the LG1 ligand to generate your prep/mol2 files and frcmod files? Did you then load these into leap before loading the combined pdb? If not then that would explain why leap does not recognize it.

As for having two ligands in a complex yes you can do this. Just make sure there are ter cards between them and their coordinates do not overlap. You may need to adjust the residue numbering so they have different residue numbers although I'm not sure on this.

Good luck,

Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Assistant Research Professor |
| San Diego Supercomputer Center |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk <http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/> | PGP Key available on request |

Note: Electronic Mail is not secure, has no guarantee of delivery, may not be read every day, and should not be used for urgent or sensitive issues.

  _____