Re: AMBER: running minimisation on cis-azobenzene

From: Thomas Steinbrecher <steinbrt.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 10:39:18 -0700 (PDT)

What I meant is,

check if your system really has a double bond where you expect one to be
by examining the forcefield parameters and atom types set. Older versions
of antechamber/gaff sometimes did not handle complex conjugated systems
well (i.e. did not place a double bond where one should be). Since you see
cis/trans-isomerization, my guess would be that there is no double bond
set.

Regards,

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher