Re: AMBER: Protein rotating out of box

From: Lars Skjærven <lars.skjarven.biomed.uib.no>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 21:17:23 +0200

thanks again for feedback.

Both vmd and xleap is used for visualization. tLeap adds a total of
40k waters, which is ~50k less than when i solvate with 'solvatebox
5Å'. Thus, I doubt visualization is the reason for this.

Amber9 with the newest bugfixes is used. I've tried this on three
independent machines (SGI altix, and two linux boxes). Portland group
compilers has not been used on any of the installations.

When I reduce the size of the same protein by 50%, it solvates as expected.

LarsS

--
mvh Lars Skjærven
Institutt for Biomedisin