Re: AMBER: Re: Force field parameter file for CNT

From: Andrey Semichaevsky <a_semichaevsky.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:38:39 -0800 (PST)

Thank you, Dr. Case,

 I am working on MD simulations of carbon nanotube interactions with water, and, hopefully, leaprc.ff03 should be sufficient to simulate such a system.
 I am sure, the previous postings I read yesterday had some typos.

 Andrey

"David A. Case" <case.scripps.edu> wrote: On Thu, Feb 28, 2008, Andrey Semichaevsky wrote:

> I figured out from previous postings that leaprc.ff23 force field
> parameter file is required for the CNT simulations. However, I could
> not find it among the standard Amber 8 or Amber 9 files. Could you
> please let me know where I can it. Thanks.

There is no such beast. We won't release ff23 until 2023. :-)

I'm not sure what a "CNT simulation is", or why it would need a particular
force field. Be aware that not all "previous postings" are correct, or are
without typos. It could be that you are looking for leaprc.ff03, but that is
just a complete guess.

...dac