Re: AMBER: problems with Replica Exchange

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:46:57 -0500

the thing to try first is 1 processor per group. this way you
know that output from shake errors etc will get written to the
output file, which only the master process for each replica can do.
this is the same situation in normal MD- if there is a problem with no
error msg in the output always try to run single processor to test it.
you should not need anything special in the restart file from sander,
it can be used directly for remd. it's hard to help more since you haven't
told us much of anything about how you are doing the calculation.

are you using only 2 replicas?

does the same multisander job work fine if you just turn remd off (but
otherwise use exactly the same input files)?