Re: AMBER: Input file for Minimization

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:55:18 -0500

Patrick,
I think your expectations from MD are not very realistic.
300AA is many orders of magnitude more difficult than
the 20AA that we successfully did in that publication.
MD is not a feasible way to predict structure for such a large
protein. I strongly suggest reading some of the literature on
the protein structure prediction field, particularly the results of
the CASP competitions. Your only real hope is to have a
known structure for a homologous sequence- and even then
there are lots of things that can go wrong and it's not very practical
unless you have a lot of experience with structural biology.
I think it would be best to work with someone that has that
kind of experience already- perhaps read some papers and
contact the ones that seem to do best on the kind of system
that you have, and see if they are interested in collaboration.
good luck!
CS