Re: AMBER: silica slab

From: Arturas Ziemys <arturas.ziemys.uth.tmc.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:35:03 -0600

Thanks for a prompt response. I see.

Could you give some general sketch how to parametrize my system. The
point is I'm very new to Amber and I still do not have clear idea about
preparation plan. I know there are FF files in $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/parm.
I suppose I can add my parameter for Si, e.g. 'parm99.dat'. But let me
be clear what I am gonna do:

CT 12.01 0.878 sp3 aliphatic C
  # This is atomtype, mass, ?? what, comment ??

C H HO N NA NB NC N2 NT N2 N3 N* O OH OS P O2
OW-HW 553.0 0.9572 ! TIP3P water
  # Bonds. I need add Si in my case ?
  # This is bind(atomtype-atomtype), force const in kcal/mol (??),
target value, comment

HW-OW-HW 100. 104.52 TIP3P water
  # Angles. Angle type, force const. in kcal/mol (??), target value, comment

CT-S -S -CT 1 3.50 0.0 -2. JCC,7,(1986),230
CT-S -S -CT 1 0.60 0.0 3. JCC,7,(1986),230

# Dihedral. Type, ?? multiplicity , force const, target , ??what,
comment. What are those positive/negative integers in 5th column ?

N NA N2 N* NC NB NT NY
C* CA CB CC CD CK CM CN CQ CR CV CW CY CZ
# What this ?

MOD4 RE
   H 0.6000 0.0157 !Ferguson base pair geom.
   HO 0.0000 0.0000 OPLS Jorgensen,
JACS,110,(1988),1657
   HS 0.6000 0.0157 W. Cornell CH3SH --> CH3OH FEP
   HC 1.4870 0.0157 OPLS
# LJ ??. Type, Rmin (??), epsilon ?

Best
Arturas