Re: AMBER: Using antechamber without AMBER program

From: Surasak Chunsrivirot <fa833.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 19:38:07 -0500

Hi,

Thank you very much. Your answer is very helpful. The reason that we
used CHARMM
and NAMD in our lab b/c we already have these sws. I know CHARMM to some
extent, and NAMD is very fast to run.

I heard that if parameters are not available for a molecule then Leap
might also
be needed, in addition to antechamber. Is that true? What is your
suggestion if
this happens.

Also, in the case of polymer (PGA for example) with infinite length (with
periodic boundary condition). Is antechamber able to automatically generate a
force field for this polymer? What should I do in this case? Build a force
field for a few monomers (5) maybe?

Thank you very much,
Surasak