Re: AMBER: Group input for restrained atoms

From: Pavan G <pavanamber.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:43:23 -0500

I not very sure if I understood you but here go my comments:
There is no large scale movement in the molecules during minimization unless
there are really bad overlaps. Should you feel like constraining them
anyway,
----------
Minimization with Cartesian restraints
&cntrl
imin=1, maxcyc=200, (invoke minimization)
ntpr=5, (print frequency)
ntr=1, (turn on Cartesian restraints)
restraint_wt=1.0, (force constant for restraint)
restraintmask=':1-58', (atoms in residues 1-58 restrained)
/
from the amber9 manual should work. Also you probably you dont want a water
molecule and an amino acid to have the same residue number while
constraining them (not a big deal if there are no overlaps).

Cheers
Pavan