AMBER: RE: FF94 or FF99?

From: Patel, Bhavesh H <bhavesh.h.patel.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:34:55 -0000

Hi all,

I'm going to be running simulations on the interactions within a enzyme-inhibitor complex and I was wondering which amber force field, FF94 or FF99 would be best to use?
I know that FF94 is more helical friendly and that ther are some issues with FF99, for example, it can give an inaccurate description of electrostatic interaction between monomers at close distances of approach.
Any information will be much appreciated!
Thanks

Bhavesh