RE: AMBER: invalid digit '*' in the input file

From: Hayden Eastwood <s0237717.sms.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:10:03 -0000

Hi There

I'm not an expert on amber but looking at your input, you appear to be
missing a comma after taup=2.0 - this might be causing problems. See what
happens if you insert a comma at that location.

Best

hayden

Dear Amber users,

I am having troubles with several AMBER calculations. Some of them finish
with an error (in the error file) of the type of:

1525-097 A READ statement using decimal base input found the invalid digit
'*'
in the input file. The program will recover by assuming a zero in its
place.
1525-097 A READ statement using decimal base input found the invalid digit
'*'
in the input file. The program will recover by assuming a zero in its
place.
1525-097 A READ statement using decimal base input found the invalid digit
'*'
in the input file. The program will recover by assuming a zero in its
place.
(...)
srun: error: s05c5b05: task[8-11]: Segmentation fault
srun: Job Failed

The input file is OK, since I have used it for the previous simulations:

 &cntrl
  imin=0,
  irest=1,
  ntx=7,