AMBER: RESP question

From: Eddie Men <pckboy.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:33:16 -0600

I want to model a PO3 group attached to some aminoacid part of a protein.
I am going to model this piece as a quantum mechanical region, and as
per the ansatz, I have to provide the charge of the QM region.

the question is what charge do I give it?. The ion has a charge of -3,
however,
I can not do this since the group is attached and would have a charge -1.
Should i get resp charges for the phosphate PLUS the amino?.

Whats the way of doing this?. Notice that my question is also a little
generic,
i.e. applies to other cases.

Any idea?

Eddie