Re: Re: AMBER: AMBER 9 - Force Field Options - Question

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:39:01 -0500

ff96 "favors" beta sheets, but this means that it has an inaccurate energy
and
therefore likely does not describe properties well. It also has what seems
be a very poor description of glycine. In general I would not recommend
ff96.
in my opinion you should not choose a force field that is incorrectly
stabilizing
a particular secondary structure just because that's what you want to get
out
of the simulation. it's like telling it what you want the answer to be- when
you
get that answer, how will you know if anything else in the simulation is
incorrect?
just my opinion.
CS