Re: AMBER: Problems loading pdb file including Mg ions

From: Idan Gabdank <gabdank.cs.bgu.ac.il>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:05:46 +0200

Dear Peter,
Thank you very much for your help.
I am using Amber9.

I am trying to load to leap pdb file [1Y26] of adenine riboswitch with
its ligand and Mg ions.
I found the reasons to my mistakes, the problem with angles and bond
parameters was due to the CONNECT section of pdb file I tried to load -
so I deleted all CONNECT entries in the file - which solved this problem.

The problem with addition of heavy atoms was indeed because sugar
phosphate addition - but I don't want them to be added... Actually this
is the ligand (Adenine) and it has to remain without sugar and phosphate
- how can I manage to tell that to LEap? It converts automatically this
ADE to RA3 and adds sugar and phosphate...

The problem of not integral charge is also due to this conversion of
ligand adenine into terminal residue...

Thanks,

Idan