RE: AMBER: question about h bond

From: WANG,YING <wangying.ufl.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 00:07:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Thanks very much for your nice reply!!

Could I ask more about the electrostatic interaction? I saw the
expression of the potential terms, if I only use coulumb sum to
calculate the electrostatic interaction, is it enough? Because I
do the simulation of a non-periodic systerm so I cannot apply PME
methods.

BTW: And could you kindly tell me where I can find the vdw
parameters in parm99?

Thanks very much!!

On Fri Oct 19 20:41:19 EDT 2007, Yong Duan <duan.ucdavis.edu>
wrote:

> Explicit hydrogen bond terms using the (traditional) 10-12
> formula was
> present in earlier AMBER force fields. In more recent force
> fields, the
> hydrogen bonds are effectively modeled by the electrostatic
> interactions.
> Therefore, there are no longer explicit 10-12 terms in the new
> force fields.
> Hope this helps.
>
> yong

WANG,YING