RE: AMBER: 31 integers in the first section of a prmtop file

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:32:12 -0700

Hi David,

Here is the read line from rdparm.f that reads this info.

 read(nf,fmt) natom,ntypes,nbonh,mbona,ntheth,mtheta,nphih,mphia, &
         nhparm,nparm,nnb,nres,nbona,ntheta,nphia, &
         numbnd,numang,nptra,natyp,nphb,ifpert,nbper,ngper,ndper, &
         mbper,mgper,mdper,ifbox,nmxrs,ifcap,numextra,ncopy

So the extra 2 are numextra and ncopy. ncopy is part of the PIMD / NEB code
while numextra I believe is part of the extra point code.

The documentation should really be updated here. Perhaps the developers of
these sections of the code can volunteer to do it...

All the best
Ross

/\
\/