Re: AMBER: Targetted MD and ptraj analysis

From: Ilyas Yildirim <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:40:36 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Carlos,

Your suggestion worked, thank you. As far as I understood, the ptraj
commands 'principal' and 'rms' cannot be used together. If someone wants
to calculate the rmsd by first aligning some atoms, the command 'rms'
needs to be used (not 'principal'). That means that the algorithm used for
'principal' and 'rms' to align the atoms are different. I wonder what the
purpose of 'principal' is. It looks like that it helps to create a movie
file for the trajectory, which is aligned according to the specified
atoms. Other than that I dont see any use of it. Thanks again.

Best,

--
  Ilyas Yildirim
  = Department of Chemistry      -                              =