Re: AMBER: solvateCap minin and mdin for qm-mm dftb

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:01:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bud and Ross:
Thanks

When launching the preliminary minimization with adjusted

Initial min for qmmm with dftb
&cntrl
imin=1, maxcyc=500, ncyc=200,
cut=20.0, ntb=0, ntc=2, ntf=2,
ivcap=0, fcap=10, igb=10,
ifqnt=1
/
&qmmm
qmmask=':1',
qmcharge=0,
qmtheory=7,
qmshake=0,
qm_ewald=0
/

sander bombed. min_qmmm_dftb.out ended with:

     Mask :1; matches 98 atoms
 SANDER BOMB in subroutine read_qmmm_namelist
 qmtheory = DFTB but qmgb > 1. DFTB does not currently
 support full QM GB. Only qmgb values of 0 or 1 are supported.

Once flag "qmgb=0" is added just after "qmtheory=7", the minimization is going
on. From tail -f it is at NSTEP 50.

I was unable to detect where GB is stated in the minin. I also wonder about the
difference between "qmgb=0" and qmgb=1" which I did not fin in either Amber9
manual or the pdf included in Marcus Elnster files.

If there is nothing wrong about GB statements, I assume that qmgb=0 (or qmgb=1)
flag should also be added to mdin, modified (for a trial) as follows

300K constant temp for qmmd with dftb
 &cntrl
  imin=0, ntb=0
  cut=20.0, ntc=2, ntf=2,