Re: AMBER: NVE energy and temperature drift

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 19:43:42 -0400

Hi Nikola -
Tom, or some of the other guys with a bit more history behind them than I
have will have to give you the lowdown on the mden values, but with regard
to these three values, I see values like that fairly typically, and the
pmemd behaviour replicates sander behaviour. Okay, one last consideration -
are you sure you were pressure-equilibrated before starting nve? (ie., the
system density was not still slowly increasing). That's the only other wild
guess I can come up with off the top of my head. This is really bad temp
conservation, so something is just not right, and I don't see a problem with
your run params.
Best Regards - Bob