Re: AMBER: NVE energy and temperature drift

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 18:15:58 -0400

Hi Nikola -
Yes, that seems sort of big. A few months ago I ran a small solvated dna
sample under nve for 5 nsec; I was really comparing other methods to pme,
but for pme (probably with cut 8 or 9, everything else fairly standard) I
only saw a downward temp drift of about 0.2 K in 5 nsec with a total Etot
drop from -87902 to -87948. Did you perhaps dink with the default ewald
params or something? What is the system doing over the 20 nsec if you
visualize it - perhaps something interesting? Others may perhaps want to
share their experiences, but well-adjusted pme simulations are supposed to
be pretty darn good at energy conservation.
Regards - Bob Duke