Re: AMBER: Information about Amber 9

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 07:53:22 -0700

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007, Lycourgos Chiniadis wrote:

> Is there an Amber 9 version for Windows under Cygwin? Is there any .exe file
> containing Amber 9?

Please see http://amber.scripps.edu/mswindows.html. You would have to install
cygwin and compile the codes yourself: there are no prebuilt executables
available (for cygwin or, indeed, for any other platform). Assuming you have
some experience with cygwin, it runs fine and I use it all the time for
development and small jobs. I don't have experience using it for large-scale
(long) simulations, however.

...dac