Fwd: RE: AMBER: Average potential energies and conformer ratios

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 06:58:02 -0700 (PDT)

Posted again for a specific question as to Ross' suggestions:

Looking at prepin files from antechamber, partial charges differ at the second
decimal (sometimes at the first decimal) for the two conformers. Should an
average of the couple of partial-charge values for each atom be used to build
manually a new prepin file in view of long MD simulations devised at converting
conformers? In that case, the inpcrd files would be for an "averaged"
hypothetical species, while MD should result in "real" species.

Thanks

francesco pietra