Re: AMBER: Linux install

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:35:37 -0700

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007, Beale, John wrote:

> I want to install AMBER 9 on an SGI Linux system. The computer has dual
> XEON 5160 processors, and my fortran compiler is "ifort". Can someone
> please tell me what system configuration that I should enter in the
> "./configure" procedure?

Type "uname -m" to find out what your architecture is (see the explanation
you get when typing "$AMBERHOME/src/configure -help"). Google tells me that
the Xeon 5160 is an x86_64 chip. Assuming that agrees with what uname
reports, then "configure ifort_x86_64" should get you going.

Also check "which ifort", which should report something like
/opt/intel/fce/9.1.xxx/bin/ifort. The "fce" part is important: don't use
something with "fc" there, as that will give you the wrong compiler for
x86_64.

....dac