AMBER: RE: Query

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:24:56 -0700

Hi Raghuvir,

To run thermodynamic integration and some of the other replica based methods you have to run in parallel using MPI - however there is nothing to stop you having all the MPI threads running on one processor - you just won't see an advantage to running in parallel - but you will be able to run. In your case if you have a dual processor machine then you will get speedup up to two processors.

  _____