Re: AMBER: about wrap the trajectory

From: Rachel <comeonsos.googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:43:48 +0100

Dear Carlos,

Thank you for your reply. I used VMD (which has some pbc wrap tools) to wrap
the trajectory and as I compared it with that after I used ptraj, they are
completely different, that's why I am wondering if I did something wrong or
it's because of the box I used.

I have another small question, I used ptraj to wrap the box as following:

trajin md1_6th.mdcrd.gz
trajin md2_6th.mdcrd.gz
trajin md3_6th.mdcrd.gz
trajin md4_6th.mdcrd.gz
trajin md5_6th.mdcrd.gz
trajout reimage_md1to5_6th.mdcrd.gz
center
image familiar
go

What I want to ask is will it change the trajectories if I used center for
all the atoms, or if I used center for only the atoms in the protein, like:
trajin md1_6th.mdcrd.gz
trajin md2_6th.mdcrd.gz
trajin md3_6th.mdcrd.gz
trajin md4_6th.mdcrd.gz