RE: AMBER: Fwd: Amber9 parallel compilation openmpi issues

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:07:15 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Ross:
Sorry. I understand your irritation. People are in vacation and I managed
badly.

Seemingly, everything reduces to having taken /usr/local/openmpi-1.2.3 as the
installation dir, while it is for the openmpi source. Not a minor
misunderstanding. I have no excuse.

~$ which mpif90

/usr/local/bin/mpif90

and

~$ mpif90 --showme

/opt/intel/fce/9.1.036/bin/ifort -I/usr/local/include -pthread -I/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -lmpi_f90 -lmpi_f77 -lmpi -lopen-rte -lopen-pal -ldl
-Wl,--export-dynamic -lnsl -lutil

report correctly (as far as I can understand) and I'll refrain from posting
hurriedly at next attempts to compile Amber. A positive note from my side: my
very large non-polymeric natural products behave perfectly at steps 1-5 of your
tutorial B1, and I have not yet investigated the arrangement of water beyond
what you indicated. Not tried step 6 yet. Wait for parallelization.

Thanks
francesco pietra