Re: AMBER: Re: how to create an O linked N-acetylglucosamine in a

From: Austin B. Yongye <ayongye.chem.uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 02:22:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ming,
You can do this via the GLYCAM website at: www.glycam.com
Go to Biomolecule Builder --> For MD Simulation --> Glycoprotein, select a
force field, upload your protein and you will given the option to attach a
glycan of your choice. In addition, you can download the topology and
coordinate files for subsequent MD simulations.
Let's see if that helps out.
Austin-

>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am trying to create and attach an N-acetylglucosamine to a
>> serine
>> residue in a protein, and I would appreciate any help on what is the
>> procedure to do so? I'm afraid I just do not understand how to use
>> Glycam in
>> such a situation. And when are prep files required for carbohydrates?
>>

> Thank you for your time
>
> Regards,
> Ming Hui
>

> (sorry for sending the incomplete message earlier by accident!)

Austin B. Yongye
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center,
University of Georgia,
315 Riverbend Road,
Athens, GA 30602.
Phone: 706 542 0263

"...then, we learn better in a free spirit of curiosity, than under fear
and compulsion..." -St. Augustine of Hippo