Re: AMBER: Amber9 analyze timecorr manual ambigous

From: Nicolas Lux Fawzi <fawzin.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:11:30 -0700

Hi Professor Case
Thanks for your responses with references, I have those and I'll look
for more details within those on this step of this type of calculation.
Regarding the analyze timecorr, now I'm a little more confused because
with my compiled version of amber9, specifying only vec1 (and no vec2)
works fine as listed on pg 26. I thought it was the pg 260 argument
option list that needed to be updated. I run this ptraj script with
only vec1 specified:

trajin mdcrd_NVE
strip :WAT
vector v150-1H3_6HG :1.H3 corr :6.HG order 2
analyze timecorr vec1 v150-1H3_6HG tstep 1.0 tcorr 5000.0 dplr norm out
vv150-1H3_6HG.out

and i get this output:

Auto-correlation functions, normal type
***** Vector length *****
       <r> <rrig> <1/r^3> <1/r^6>
   12.1561 6.2984 0.0007 0.0000

***** Correlation functions *****
      Time <C> <P2> <1/(r^3*r^3)>
     0.000 1.0000 1.0000 1.0000
     1.000 0.9506 0.9849 0.9746
     2.000 0.9249 0.9758 0.9597
     3.000 0.9062 0.9673 0.9495
     4.000 0.8916 0.9593 0.9404
     5.000 0.8747 0.9508 0.9323
     6.000 0.8652 0.9428 0.9305
     7.000 0.8582 0.9347 0.9300
     8.000 0.8535 0.9266 0.9326
     9.000 0.8420 0.9192 0.9309
    10.000 0.8316 0.9115 0.9283
    11.000 0.8184 0.9036 0.9220

Actually, I just ran a test with these two scripts:

trajin mdcrd_NVE
strip :WAT
vector v150-1H3_6HG :1.H3 corr :6.HG order 2
analyze timecorr vec1 v150-1H3_6HG tstep 1.0 tcorr 5000.0 dplr norm out
testscript.vec1.out

trajin mdcrd_NVE
strip :WAT
vector v150-1H3_6HG :1.H3 corr :6.HG order 2
analyze timecorr vec1 v150-1H3_6HG vec2 v150-1H3_6HG tstep 1.0 tcorr
5000.0 dplr norm out testscript.vec1vec2.out

where the only difference is specifying vec2 as the same vector, and I
get the same output:

$ diff testscript.vec1.out testscript.vec1vec2.out
1c1
< Auto-correlation functions, normal type
---
 > Cross-correlation functions, normal type
4a5
 >    12.1561     6.2984     0.0007     0.0000
where the only differences are the header and the additional (identical)
averages for the vector